Here’s How to Have a Productive Dialogue at Your Next Appointment
We recommend starting with these questions for your doctor. Bookmark or print this page so you have it handy for your next visit.
- Am I at risk for a heart attack?
- What are the warning signs or symptoms I should watch out for?
- What can I do to lower my risk?
- What is my blood pressure? Is it within a normal range?
- What is my blood cholesterol? Is it within a normal range?
- What is my blood sugar? Is it within a normal range?
- Should I lose or gain weight?
- Am I getting enough exercise?
- What is a heart-healthy eating plan for me?
- What screening or diagnostic tests for heart disease do I need?
- For smokers: What can I do to help me quit smoking?
- For women: What are the effects of menopause on my health?
The Heart and Stroke FoundationTM says that almost 80% of premature heart conditions could be prevented through healthy lifestyle choices.