TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT YOUR HEART HEALTH
Even if your lifestyle’s relatively healthy, it’s a good idea to ask the doctor about your heart health to proactively manage your risk for a heart event.
HERE’S HOW TO HAVE A PRODUCTIVE DIALOGUE AT YOUR NEXT APPOINTMENT
We recommend starting with these questions for your doctor. Bookmark or print this page so you have it handy for your next visit.
- What is my risk for a heart attack or stroke?
- What are the warning signs or symptoms I should watch out for?
- What can I do to lower my risk of heart disease and stroke?
- What is my blood pressure? Is it at a healthy level?
- What is my blood cholesterol? Is it at a healthy level?
- What is my blood sugar? Is it at a healthy level?
- Should I lose or gain weight for my overall health?
- Am I getting enough exercise?
- What is a heart healthy eating plan for me?
- Is ASPIRIN® therapy right for me?
- Are there any supplements I should take for my heart health?
- What screening or diagnostic tests for heart disease do I need?
- For smokers: What can I do to help me quit smoking?
- For women: What are the effects of menopause on my health?